Plus tax - Total: 31.45 CAD
What is an Employment Contract or Employment Agreement?
An Employment Contract is an agreement setting out the terms of employment between the employer and the employee. An Employment Contract comes into existence whenever a prospective employee accepts a position offered by the employer, whether there is a written agreement or not.
Why is it important to have a written Employment Contract or Employment Agreement?
An Employment Contract is important as it evidences the terms of employment to ensure that both parties are aware of their respective rights and obligations arising from the employment relationship and to avoid potential disputes in the future.
What is a Confidentiality Agreement?
A Confidentiality Agreement is an agreement entered between the employer and the employee to protect the employer’s confidential information during and after the termination of employment. Confidential information is information that is made available to the employee during the course of employment and may include materials and information on customer records, inventions, sales, employee information and business plans. Generally, it is something that is not available to the public. A Confidentiality Agreement can also contain the following:
- clauses prohibiting post-employment competition by the employee, known as a Non-Competition clause, or
- clauses prohibiting post-employment solicitation of the employer’s clients or employees, known as a Non-Solicitation clause.
Why is it important to have a Confidentiality Agreement?
It is necessary to have a Confidentiality Agreement in place to protect the employer’s proprietary interests during and after termination of employment and to avoid potential future disputes.
Why use our Letter Version of an Employment Contract with attached Confidentiality Agreement?
Onion Legal’s Letter Format Employment Contract with attached Confidentiality Agreement has been thoroughly reviewed by B.C lawyers to ensure that it meets with the strict requirements of the laws of British Columbia and it contains crucial clauses to protect the interests of both the employer and the employee. It is less formal than our general employment contract, but the attached Confidentiality Agreement can ensure that the employer’s confidential information and proprietary interests are protected even after the termination of the employment relationship.
What type of Clauses does this Letter Format Employment Contract with an attached Confidentiality Agreement contain?
Onion Legal’s Employment Contract with an attached Confidentiality Agreement contains clauses dealing with the following matters:
- Position being offered by the employer and duties of the employee;
- Probationary period;
- Time and manner of remuneration, either on hourly basis or salary basis, and vacation terms;
- The employee’s covenant to be bound by the employer’s rules and policies;
- The employee’s entitlement to the employer benefit plans;
- Termination of the employment, with or without cause, and the notice that will be given upon termination of employment;
- The employee’s covenant not to disclose confidential information;
- The employee’s covenant to give the employer the right to all the inventions of the employee during the employment and to give the employer the right to all the inventions of the employee arising from the employment;
- The pre-employment invention List that can be excluded from the Contract (Optional);
- The employee’s covenant not to compete with the employer after the termination of employment (Optional); and
- The employee’s covenant not to solicit the employer’s clients and employees after the termination of employment (Optional).
How do I commence the process of creating my Letter Format Employment Contract with an attached Confidentiality Agreement?
Simply click on the link below and purchase our Letter Format Employment Contract with an attached Confidentiality Agreement, fill out a simple questionnaire. When you submit your questionnaire, your Letter Format Employment Contract with an attached Confidentiality Agreement will be assembled and emailed to you. It is that easy!