Plus tax - Total: 31.45 CAD
What is an Employment Agreement?
An Employment Agreement is a Contract setting out the terms of employment between the employer and the employee. An Employment Contract comes into existence whenever the prospective employee accepts a position offered by the employer, whether there is a written agreement or not.
Why is it important to have a written Employment Agreement?
It is imperative to put the terms of an agreement into writing to ensure that both parties are aware of their respective rights and obligations arising from the employment relationship and to avoid potential disputes in the future. In the absence of a written Employment Agreement, the court will have to determine what the parties intended when they entered into an agreement.
Why use Onion Legal’s General Employment Agreement as your Employment Agreement/Employment Contract?
Onion Legal’s General Employment Agreement has been thoroughly reviewed by B.C lawyers to ensure that it meets with the strict requirements of the laws of British Columbia. Further, it contains clauses that are necessary in the modern employment context to protect both the employer and the employee. It contains, among other things, clauses dealing with the following matters:
- The position being offered by the employer and duties of the employee;
- Probationary period;
- Time and manner of remuneration, either on hourly basis or salary basis;
- Termination of the employment during and after the probationary period;
- The employee’s covenant to be bound by the employer’s rules and policies;
- The employee’s covenant to protect the employer’s confidential information;
- Non-competition: the employee’s covenant not to compete with the employer after the termination (Optional);
- Non-Solicitation: the employee’s covenant not to solicit the employer’s clients and employees after the termination of employment (Optional); and
- Time and manner of changes to the Employment Contract.
How do I commence the process of creating my Employment Agreement?
Simply click on the link below and purchase our Employment Agreement, fill out a simple questionnaire. When you submit your questionnaire, your Employment Agreement will be assembled and emailed to you. It is that easy!